Pages

Approach both Love & Cooking with the same reckless abandon!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yummy Breakfast Casserole

I can't take credit for this one, April Barnes of Herriman, UT came up with this delicious dish! It's definitely a family favorite, hope it becomes one in your family as well!

Breakfast Casserole
Start your oven at 400*

(Biscuit topping mix):
2 C flour
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 C shortening
-Mix well with a whisk or pastry blender

(Other ingredients):
2 C chopped ham (or bacon).
1-1 1/2 C grated cheese
2 C milk
6 Eggs
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper

In bottom of greased casserole dish place ham and cheese. In blender, combine milk, eggs, 1 1/2 cups of biscuit mixture, salt and pepper. Blend well. (I'm not sure why you use 2 C flour in the mix, but only 1 1/2 in the actual casserole. I haven't adjusted for that, so if you do, please let me know!)
Pour over ham & cheese mixture. Bake at 400* for 30 minutes, (I do mine at 400* for 45 min. because my gas oven takes a little longer), or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Optional: You can add any vegetable to cheese (broccoli, zucchini, green peppers, tomato, etc...).
Enjoy!



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yum!! I think this will be breakfast tommorrow! Thanks.

Kateka said...

Salivating